- by David Iwanow
- 1 year ago
New York Philharmonic performances cancelled due to coronavirus
- by David Iwanow
- March 12, 2020
- 1669  Views
The cancellations were implemented after NY Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced that they were banning gatherings of more than 500 people in the state of New York. This decision was to slow the spread of coronavirus by social distancing.
The New York Philharmonic press release can be viewed below:
In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), the New York Philharmonic, in coordination with Lincoln Center, has cancelled all performances from March 12 through March 31. As always, the safety and security of our guests, musicians, and employees is our highest priority.
The following concerts have been cancelled:
- Thu Mar 12, 7:30 PM, Gergiev Conducts Rachmaninoff and Stravinsky
- Fri Mar 13, 8:00 PM, Gergiev Conducts Rachmaninoff and Stravinsky
- Sat Mar 14, 8:00 PM, Gergiev Conducts Rachmaninoff and Stravinsky
- Sun Mar 15, 3:00 PM, Philharmonic Ensembles at Merkin Hall*
- Sat Mar 21, 2:00 PM, Young People’s Concert: Music as a Change Agent
- Thu Mar 26, 9:45 AM, Open Rehearsal
- Thu Mar 26, 7:30 PM, Bartók and Berlioz
- Fri Mar 27, 11:00 AM, Bartók and Berlioz
- Sat Mar 28, 8:00 PM, Bartók and Berlioz
- Sun Mar 29, 12:30 PM, Very Young People’s Concert
- Sun Mar 29, 3:00 PM, Very Young People’s Concert
* Please contact Merkin Hall at (212) 501-3330 for questions about your Philharmonic Ensembles tickets.
Ticketholders to these concerts have several options:
Donate your ticket. Your generous support is vital in helping the New York Philharmonic fulfill it’s mission, and is especially appreciated during challenging moments such as this one. We couldn’t do what we do without you. Your donation is fully tax deductible. To donate your ticket(s), click here.
Receive an account credit. No further action is necessary should you wish to apply the cost of your ticket(s) to your New York Philharmonic account, which can be used toward future performances in the 2019–20 season.
Request a refund to your original form of payment. Please call Customer Relations at (212) 875-5656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org within the next 14 days to request a refund to your original form of payment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact New York Philharmonic Customer Relations at (212) 875-5656 or email@example.com, or visit nyphil.org/health for the latest updates. We appreciate your understanding and wish you good health, and we look forward to welcoming you back to David Geffen Hall soon.