Harbour Grand Hong Kong
I stayed at the Harbour Grand on the flight home from Australia via Hong Kong, and while it was expensive it was a nice enough spot. It was great that prior to checkin time I was able to access the health club to have a shower and get changed before I went out site-seeing in town.
How to get to Harbour Grand Hong Kong
The introduction emails the hotel sent that detailed how to get the hotel, any promotions they were running in their restaurants along with weather forecast for the few days around your stay.
I contacted the hotel with questions about their airport transfer service and their concierge Anson sent an amazing list that detailed 5 different options that you could use to get there (limousine, 7 seater van, airport bus, airport train, taxi) with estimated costs and expected travel times along with which 3 you could charge directly to your room. This is probably the most helpful way to start your stay I’ve had!
- Hotel Limousine: Costs HK$800per car per trip and takes around 40 minutes (Maximum capacity – 4 persons & 3 standard sized suitcases, a 7-seater is recommended if exceed above capacity)
***There is a surcharge of HK$150 per car per trip for the limousine service if you are arriving between 00:00 and 06:00 hours.***
2. Hotel Deluxe Van (7-seaters): Costs HK$900 per car per trip and takes around 45 minutes (Maximum capacity – 6 persons & 4 standard sized suitcases)
***There is a surcharge of HK$150 per car per trip for limousine service between 00:00 and 06:00 hours.***
3. Airport Bus: Costs HK$170 per person per trip from 07:00– 23:00 (Registration for shuttle bus will be ceased 15 minutes prior to departure time, passenger who wishes to take the last shuttle is required to approach our Airport Counter (B05a) by 22:45hrs) every 30 minutes daily (children younger than 3 years are free of charge) and it takes around 80 minutes.
4. A – Airport Express: Train to Airport Express Hong Kong Station (AEL) costs HK$100 and takes 25 minutes. Taxi from Hong Kong Station to Hotel costs around HK$60 and takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. B – Airport Express: After arrived at the Hong Kong Station, take the free shuttle bus H2 to the hotel. It runs every 20 minutes from 06:12 – 23:12 daily, and takes around 30 minutes.
(The Airport Express runs every 10 minutes from 05:50 to 01:15 daily. Journeys between the Airport and downtown Hong Kong take approximately 25 minutes, while travel times to and from Asia World-Expo are about 30 minutes)
5. Taxi: Takes around 45 minutes and costs around HK$350.
Any charges for option 1 to 3 can be charged onto your Hotel room account. Kindly advise us in advance which option you would like to take, and if possible, provide us your flight details in order to help us to make a better arrangement for you. Please contact our Airport counter upon arrival which is located in front of Arrival Hall – Exit B and our Airport Representatives shall escort you to the vehicle boarding area.
Free Room Upgrade doesn’t give you club access
They gave me a free room upgrade to harbour club floor (40th floor) but sadly that didn’t give you access to harbour club facilities which was confusing and could have been explained on checkin.
Staff were professional but could have been more engaged
The staff were super friendly and helpful but would have liked a bit more personal interaction/conversations with them, they could have been a bit more relaxed in their interactions. They didn’t seem to enjoy the interactions with guests which was a shame as I travelled alone and enjoyed some interactions.
Free WiFi for guests?
They have free WiFi but it’s confusing as it states you have to pay for it but they don’t charge you for it they should clarify that a bit.
The area is a great spot for exploring Hong Kong as it’s just a few minutes walk from Fortress Hill station and still somewhat of an authentic area of Hong Kong.
Issues with Harbour Grand Hong Kong
The amount of noise the building construction next door was creating during the day was a bit annoying and once the building has finished it will block most of the amazing view they had across the harbour.
Sadly the pool was closed for winter and you can’t go outside for this reason, so the smoking area was the front of the hotel which wasn’t the most pleasant experience when entering or exiting the hotel.
- Value For Money - 80%80
- Security - 85%85
- Location - 90%90
- Staff - 95%95
- Atmosphere - 70%70
- Cleanliness - 85%85
- Facilities - 65%65