KLM update Coronavirus
Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus, KLM management have been monitoring the situation minutely and are doing everything possible to assist you with your upcoming travel plans. Here, you’ll find the latest updates and rebooking options with your KLM flights.
Because KLM want you to book your next trip with minimum stress, they guarantee you can change your booking at no extra cost, regardless of the destination. If you change to a higher fare type, you will need to pay the fare difference. Please see below options.
Book with flexibility: zero change fees on all tickets
We want you to book your next trip with minimum stress. That’s why you can book your KLM flight with the guarantee of being able to change your booking at no extra cost. Please note that this temporary policy does not replace the existing policies to China, Italy, Singapore, and South Korea.
Rebook your KLM flight
While most of their schedule is not impacted by the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), they are extending the rebooking possibilities to all KLM flights.
If you have a KLM ticket starting with 074, issued on or before Tuesday 31 March 2020, and valid for travel between Wednesday 4 March 2020 and Sunday 31 May 2020, regardless of the destination, you can postpone your trip at no extra cost. View your flight details or change your booking directly in My Trip. Your new departure date should be no later than Sunday 31 May 2020. Please see below options and rules:
1. Change your travel dates
- You can only change your travel dates if the same fare type as mentioned in your original ticket is available. If you change to a higher fare type, you may need to pay the fare difference. This applies to any AF/KL/DL and partner operated flight
- Change fees are waived.
2. Change your destination
- You may use the full value of your original tickets for new tickets on KLM, Air France, Delta Air Lines and/ or Virgin
- You will not have to pay the change fee.
How to rebook with KLM?
You can rebook in the following ways:
- Log in to My Trip and change your travel dates and/or destination yourself if:
- you have a KLM, Air France and/or Delta Air Lines ticket,
- your journey has not started yet,
- you are not travelling with a baby (0-1 years),
- you did not request a special service (e.g. ordered a special meal, are travelling as an unaccompanied minor, have requested transportation of a wheelchair or pet, or the use of a bassinet).
- We can help you rebook your journey via social media:
- If you don’t want to arrange the rebooking online or if you need assistance, contact the KLM Customer Contact Centre.
- Did you book your ticket via a travel agent? Please contact them directly to rebook.
You can also choose to postpone your departure to a date after 31 May 2020. In this case, KLM will provide you with a voucher that will be valid for 1 year and can be used on KLM flights. This voucher will be non-refundable.