- by David Iwanow
- 1 year ago
Courtyard by Marriott in Herald Square closes
- by David Iwanow
- September 20, 2020
- 1817  Views
It was announced last week that another NYC hotel has been caught up in the wave of closures linked to demand drops linked to Coronavirus. The 167 room 3 star hotel located on the corner of West 35th and 6th Avenue was opposite Herald Square and opposite the world’s largest store Macy’s so perfect for visitors to NYC. The hotel was just a 10 minute walk to Times Square or 4 minutes walk to the Empire State Building and the rooms while small and slighted dated had good views around Manhattan.
The hotel was also great for travellers being just 1 block east of Penn Station and there are less and less decent valued hotels in this area these days. The hotel was also opposite 34th Street Herald Square station with a decent range of subway services B, D, F, M, N, Q, R & W running through here.
This is the 6th Marriott operated hotel to shut down in New York city linked to the Coronavirus pandemic but the chain is not alone with the 478 room Times Square Hilton also permanently closed.
If you are still looking for options there are several other hotels nearby in a similar price range
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square
- Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square South
- Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- Hyatt Place New York/Midtown South
- Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden Area
- The New Yorker, A Wyndham Hotel
- Holiday Inn New York City – Times Square