- by David Iwanow
- 1 year ago
Amazon Explore livestreaming launches
- by David Iwanow
- October 2, 2020
- 1402  Views
Amazon has announced a new virtual way to see the world around us, their new interactive livestreaming service is called Amazon Explore. The platform allows consumers to discover new places from the comfort of your home but also to photograph and shop at the same time. This seems to be a supercharged version of what Viator launched several months ago with Virtual Sightseeing Experiences. But sadly this is new Amazon virtual experience only available to customers in the USA.
The service is one-way video but two way audio so you can see and hear what your host is saying without having to dress up for the occasion. The other cool feature is that you can also purchase some of the many items you find along the way.
The service is setup to take advantage of the inability for many people to easily travel around the world due to the coronavirus but gives you an opportunity to try or experience something new. Take a virtual cooking lesson, discover arts & crafts, learn a language or possibly discover artisan-made or one-of-a-kind products and support a local business.
The tours are unique to you and because it’s a one-on-one experience you can decide what you want to spend more time seeing or hearing about and even change the plan if you spot something more interesting. The sessions are not pre-recorded they are streamed live to you. Most experiences are typically 30-60 minutes long and you have flexibility on the time of the day you want to book the session.
Featured Amazon Explore Experiences
- Customise a silk scarf with Australia’s best known shibori artists $43
- Intro to style: Women, find you best look. Personal styling and shopping experience $10
- Virtually visit old Prague town in the Czech Republic $85
- Virtual walking tour of Mexico City’s urban art scene $47
- Up-close with wild animals in Costa Rica at the Toucan Rescue ranch $39
- Visit Berlin’s iconic historical landmarks $99
- Taiwan’s religious customs at Taipei’s Longshan Temple $45
- Walking tour of historical Upper Town in Old Quebec City $70
- Empanadas and the culinary heritage of Argentina (cooking demonstration) $29
- Walking tour of Ljubljana the capital of Slovenia $45
- Mexican comfort food: virtual cooking lesson $49
Amazon Explore Categories?
- Learning & Creativity
- Local shopping
- Culture & Landmarks
Amazon Explore by region
- North America
- Central America
- South America
How can you experience Amazon Explore?
- You will need a laptop or desktop (won’t work on mobile/tablet)
- High speed internet 5mbps or better
- Headphone & speakers
- Microphone (in-built webcam should be fine)